Journey to zero: greening business travel
Please note the change of date for this event (previously 25 April)
A morning of expert presentations, panel Q&A and networking
EB Charging and Leeds City Council are hosting a half-day free session aimed at fleet managers, energy managers and sustainability professionals in Leeds and the wider region to provide inspiration and information about the opportunities and support available to help businesses and charities accelerate their own transition to zero emission travel.
Since January 2020, Leeds City Council has partnered with National Highways to give 192 businesses, charities or other public sector organisations in West Yorkshire the opportunity to trial an electric van free of charge and to find outt, first hand, whether cleaner, greener vehicles are right for their business. EB Charging provided consultancy services and data provision for the project.
This in person event celebrates the scheme’s end by sharing learnings about the opportunities, challenges and surprises of switching to zero emission vehicles after more than 334,355 trial miles, with the ambition to help even more organisations in Leeds considering how best to reduce their transport related emissions.
Experts from The Department for Transport, Energy Saving Trust, Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders, Element Energy, National Highways and the Institute for Transport Studies will present their insights and answer questions. Breakfast networking and light refreshments included.
- What the national Transport Decarbonisation Plan means for businesses and other organisations in Leeds and the wider region
- Everything we’ve learned about the electric vehicle transition from 192 electric vehicle trials
- Making the switch: the next steps and support available to businesses and other organisations wanting to go electric
- Why we’re looking to develop a hydrogen vehicle hub in Leeds and the opportunity for local businesses
- Beyond electrification: the transport innovations that we still need to see
08:30 - 09:00 Low-Carbon Breakfast and Networking
09:00 - 10:10 Speaker Presentations
10:10 - 10:25 Coffee Break
10:25 -11:30 Speaker Presentations and Panel Q&A
11:30 -12:00 Networking